Tuesday, March 20, 2012

30

My sister turned the big 3-0 in March. I found the idea on pinterest in October to gather letters from thirty people from her life whether from her past or present to write a letter. I started the project in early December to help ensure I'd have all the letters in time, and that it was ready in time for her birthday. I sent out messages to people by e-mail and by facebook. I explained to them what I was doing, and if they would write a memory they have with her. I left the format completely open and had them write it anyway they wished. Some people wrote their favorite memories or expressed their love and appreciate for their friendship with her. Many people e-mailed their responses to me or sent by snail mail. So many people were so sweet and clever with it. Some sent in pictures, and others sent in sweet cards. I gathered letters from her kindergarten teacher, her best friend from 8 - 18 years old, old boyfriends, family and friends who are like family, and friends from every chapter of her life. I loved being able to read the letters, and they all shared a common topic about what a wonderful and loving person she is.

Happy Birthday Charity!

I am so thankful you're stuck with me forever :)




2 comments:

  1. You're such an awesome sister! What's on the cd that was in the package there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somebody sent in a CD with pictures they have with Charity back during their single days. Cute huh??

      Delete